I believe that running is one of the most affordable options when it comes to fitness. Unfortunately – due to the high price tags for running gear, shoes and accessories, even race registration costs – there seems to be a stigma that points to the opposite.
If you are thinking about starting your fitness journey, but feeling discouraged because of your budget – I’d like to encourage you to consider running!
Here are some co$t effective tips:
- Use what you have – sweats, shirts, jackets, shoes, etc. (see my first “runners” which are actually basketball shoes, pictured).
- Visit a thrift store for what you don’t have.
- Search the Discount Stores for running shoes and other essentials (ex. Nordstrom Rack)
- Explore your neighborhood – in the majority of places, you don’t need a gym membership, just make sure to dress for the weather (and layer up!)
- Look into raising money for local charities to sponsor you for race registration costs.
- Search for local free run clubs, to keep you motivated!
- If anyone else has some helpful cost saving tips – please share!